The Hollywood Sign is one of Los Angeles’ most iconic landmarks. Situated on Mount Lee in the Hollywood Hills, the 45-foot-tall letters are a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. But can you drive to the Hollywood Sign?
The answer is a resounding yes! While there are a few different ways to get up close and personal with the sign, driving is definitely the most convenient option. Here’s everything you need to know about driving to the Hollywood Sign.
- Start from Hollywood Boulevard and N Highland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90028 2
- Head south on N Highland Ave toward W Sunset Blvd 3
- Take the 1st right onto W Sunset Blvd 4
- Continue straight to stay on W Sunset Blvd 5
- Slight left to merge onto I-405 S/CA-134 E toward Ventura 6
- Take exit 50 for Mulholland Dr 7
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Mulholland Drive West and merge onto Mulholland Dr 8
- Continue following signs for Mulholland Drive West 9
- Drive to your destination
Can You Drive to the Top of the Hollywood Sign?
Yes, you can drive to the top of the Hollywood sign. There are a few ways to do this, but the most direct route is via Mulholland Highway. This road will take you directly to the base of the Hollywood sign, where you can park and then hike to the top.
Another way to get to the top of the sign is by taking Beachwood Drive all the way up until it dead-ends at a parking lot that offers stunning views of Los Angeles and, of course, the Hollywood sign.
Can You Drive by the Hollywood Sign?
The Hollywood Sign is one of the most iconic landmarks in Los Angeles, and it’s also one of the most popular tourist attractions. But can you actually drive by the sign? The answer is yes – but only if you know where to look.
The Hollywood Sign is located on private property in the Hollywood Hills, and there are a few different ways to get up close and personal with it. One option is to take a hike up Mt. Lee, where the sign is located. This will give you some great views of both the city and the sign itself.
If you’re not up for a hike, there are a couple of other options. You can take a scenic drive through Griffith Park, which offers fantastic views of both downtown LA and the Hollywood Sign. Or, you can head to Beachwood Canyon, where you’ll find a number of viewing areas that offer great photo ops (just be sure to respect any posted signs or closures).
So there you have it – yes, you can drive by the Hollywood Sign! Just be sure to take advantage of all the amazing viewpoints Los Angeles has to offer while you’re here.
How Do You Get to Hollywood Sign Without Hiking?
There are a few ways to get to the Hollywood Sign without hiking. You can take a bus tour, which will drop you off at the base of the sign. You can also drive up to the Mulholland Dam and park, then walk about a mile to the sign.
Finally, you can take the Hollywood Sign Shuttle, which goes from various locations in Los Angeles (including Union Station) directly to the Hollywood Sign.
Where Can You See the Hollywood Sign by Car?
The Hollywood Sign is one of the most iconic landmarks in the world, and it’s also one of the most popular tourist attractions in Los Angeles. While there are several ways to get up close and personal with the sign (including hiking up to it), you can also see it from a number of different spots around town by car.
Here are just a few of the best places to catch a glimpse of the Hollywood Sign by car:
1. Griffith Observatory: This spot is probably THE best place to see the Hollywood Sign, especially if you want to get a photo of it. The Observatory is located on top of Mount Hollywood, which offers stunning panoramic views of LA. To get there, just take Vermont Avenue all the way up until you reach the Observatory parking lot.
2. Mulholland Drive: Mulholland Drive is one of LA’s most famous roads, and for good reason – it offers some seriously incredible views. There are several pull-offs along the road where you can stop and snap a pic of the Hollywood Sign (just be careful not to block traffic!). One great spot is at mile marker 1.6, where you’ll find an overlook that provides both a view of downtown LA and the sign itself.
3. Beachwood Canyon: Beachwood Canyon is another popular spot for catching a glimpse of the Hollywood Sign (as well as hiking to it). To get there, just take Franklin Avenue into Beachwood Canyon until you reach Ledgewood Drive – then follow Ledgewood all the way up until it dead-ends at Deronda Drive (which will put you right across from The Oaks Tavern). From here, you should be able to see both The Oaks Tavern and—if you look carefully—the Hollywood Sign peeking out between them!
NEW! Driving to the Hollywood Sign ⭐✨ – 2022 [4K]
How Close Can You Get to the Hollywood Sign by Car
There are a few ways to get close to the Hollywood Sign by car. The most popular way is to drive up Beachwood Canyon Drive. This will take you past the Hollywood Reservoir and give you some great views of the sign.
You can also continue on this road until it dead-ends into Mulholland Highway. From there, you can either park and walk to the sign, or continue driving along Mulholland for more great views. There are a few other roads that will get you close to the sign as well, but these are the two most popular options.
Can You See the Hollywood Sign from Griffith Observatory
Yes, you can see the Hollywood Sign from Griffith Observatory! In fact, it’s one of the most popular things to do at the Observatory. On a clear day, the views are simply breathtaking.
Here are some tips for getting the best view of the sign: – Head to the Observatory early in the morning or late in the evening when there are fewer people around. This will help you avoid crowds and get a better view of the sign.
– Bring binoculars! They’ll come in handy for getting a closer look at the sign. – Check the weather forecast before you go.
You’ll want to have clear skies for optimal viewing conditions.
Can You See the Hollywood Sign at Night
You can see the Hollywood sign at night, but it’s not as easy as it sounds. The sign is located on a hill in Los Angeles, and it’s hard to get a good view of it from the ground. If you want to see the Hollywood sign at night, your best bet is to take a helicopter tour.
Shortest Hike to Hollywood Sign
The Hollywood Sign is one of the most iconic landmarks in Los Angeles, and it’s also one of the most popular hiking destinations. The sign is located on Mount Lee in the Santa Monica Mountains, and there are a number of different trails that lead to it.
The shortest hike to the Hollywood Sign is from the Mt. Hollywood Trailhead, which is located at the end of Canyon Drive in Griffith Park.
The trail is about 2 miles round trip, and it takes most people about 1-2 hours to complete. There are some steep sections on this trail, but overall it’s not too difficult. If you’re looking for a longer hike, you can start from any number of places in Griffith Park and make your way up to Mt. Lee.
There are a few different routes you can take, but all of them will add at least another mile or two to your journey. No matter which route you choose, you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of Los Angeles along the way.
In short, yes you can drive to the Hollywood Sign. There are a few ways to get there, but the most direct route is through Beachwood Canyon. You can also take Mulholland Drive or Griffith Park, both of which offer great views of the cityscape.
Just be sure to obey all traffic laws and signs, as there are many tourists who visit this area and police officers do patrol.
Martin A. Sims is a technician at a reputed automobile service center for the last 5 years. After studying at San Mateo College of Silicon Valley on vehicle engineering, he has started his career at age of 24. now he is spreading his knowledge among beginners around the world through thewrenches.com.