If your Prius is displaying a red triangle with an exclamation point inside of it, then it needs to be reset. This light comes on when the vehicle’s computer detects a problem and is trying to tell you that something needs to be serviced or repaired.
- If your Prius has a red triangle light on the dash, this indicates that there is a problem with the vehicle and it needs to be serviced
- To reset the light, first turn off the engine and then open the hood
- Locate the black box under the hood near the battery
- This is the Vehicle Control Unit (VCU)
- Unplug the VCU by disconnecting the two connectors at either end
- Wait for about 10 seconds before reconnecting them again
Q: How Do I Reset the Red Triangle Light on My Prius
If you have a Prius, the red triangle light is likely to come on at some point. This light is an indication that there is a problem with the car and it needs to be reset. In most cases, you can reset the light by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
Next, Depress And Release the Brake Pedal Three Times
When you depress and release the brake pedal three times, it resets the electronic parking brake system. This is necessary if the battery has been disconnected or if you have just replaced the brake pads.
Finally, Push And Release the Power Button on the Steering Wheel Once
Assuming you would like tips on how to properly use your car’s push button start:
Place the key fob in the area, usually close to where there is a slot for it, and then press and hold down on the brake pedal. Now you can push the power button to turn on your car. If everything has been done correctly, your engine should now be running!
The Red Triangle Light Should Now Bereset
If your car has a red triangle with an exclamation point inside of it, this is the low tire pressure warning light. It comes on when one or more of your tires is significantly low on air. When you see this light, you should stop and check your tires as soon as possible.
To reset the light, start by filling up all of your tires to the correct air pressure. Then, turn off your car and press and hold the button that says “reset” for about three seconds. The light should now be reset and should not come on again unless one of your tires is low on air.
If the red triangle light on your Prius comes on, it indicates that there is a problem with the vehicle. You can reset the light by following these steps:
1. Park the Prius in a safe location and turn off the engine.
2. Locate the “Maintenance Required” button on the instrument panel and press it for about five seconds.